Wednesday 4 May 2011

Night @ Circus

Circus is an innovative combination of West End cocktail bar and London cabaret restaurant set in vibrant Covent Garden, the heart of theatre-land.
Invited by the GM of Circus I was able to enjoy a night at this fancy restaurant. It is a combination of food & entertainment. I come from working at Cirque du Soleil and must admit that most of the time I am not impressed by acts as I consider Cirque to be the one that really stands out of the clutter. However, I was quite impressed with one act that I was able to enjoyed while sipping an amazing cocktail called Pomegranate & Kaffir Fizz which is English gin and pomegranate juice shaken with fresh citrus and kaffir lime syrup, charged with soda. Yes, perfect combination the act and the drink that drinks very smoothly ;) Now, I do have pictures of the act I am referring to which are from a contortionist that will balance her whole body with her mouth. As they say to believe is to see, please look for yourself at the pictures taken with my iPhone.
My meal... for starters I has the Hoisin Duck Salad with fresh coriander, toasted cashews (my fav nut)& sweet watermelon, recommend this starter by far as I was able to try the Empanadas and not very keen on them. For main I enjoyed the Scallops and Tiger Prawns pan fried in a citrus marinade, tossed in a salad of avocado, chermoula, saffron sour cream & baby leaves, great choice and lighter than the Josper Beef Steak with triple (yeah not once nor twice, but triple) cooked chips and bĂ©rnaise sauce that my friend order and absolutely tried. For my sweet tooth I ordered the Pecan Parfait with Frangelico, candied orange compote & orange sauce. See picture below. Highly recommend the Pineapple Tart Tatin with stem ginfer ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment